Hi Ali,

The draft doesn’t state neither 1 or 2 below. I’m not sure if we are looking at
the same draft.

Here is the text in the draft introduction

   The goal of the proposed approach is to greatly simplify control
   plane functions and minimize the amount of control plane messages PE
   nodes have to process.  In this version of the document, we assume
   Segment Routing (SR) underlay network.  A future version of this
   document will generalize the underlay network to both classical MPLS
   and SR technologies.

   The proposed approach does not require PW, and hence the control
   plane complexity and message overhead associated with signaling and
   maintaining PWs are eliminated.

Our goal is to simplify:

1- The control plane by signaling very few messages possibly 1 message per node
to signal all ELAN services configured on that node, presenting each ELAN
service as 1 bit in the control plane message.

2- The data plane by setting up much less control plane elements like PWs,
tunnels etc., and more importantly leveraging SR redundancy mechanisms of any
cast SID to remove the need of any overlay convergence or redundancy mechanisms.

Not sure if any the stuff u listed below can address any of the above!

Thanks,

Sami