Hi Jorge,

Inline.

From: BESS <bess-boun...@ietf.org> on behalf of "Rabadan, Jorge (Nokia -
US/Mountain View)" <jorge.raba...@nokia.com>
Date: Friday, February 5, 2021 at 6:05 AM
To: TULASI RAM REDDY <tulasiramire...@gmail.com>, Muthu Arul Mozhi Perumal
<muthu.a...@gmail.com>
Cc: "bess@ietf.org" <bess@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [bess] RFC 8584: EVPN DF Election - Originating Router's IP
Address of different address family

Hi Tulasi,

For the default DF algorithm, I think at that point it will be up to the
implementation how to resolve the candidate list PEs with originating IPs of
different family.
<Satya> This is should be standardized as otherwise It will result in different
decisions in different PEs. I suggest a mention in 7432-bis.
I know of some implementations that do what you are saying, but you can’t
assume all RFC7432/8584 implementations will do that.

Thanks.
Jorge

Thanks,
Satya