Tony

In IDR their is an BGP Auto config design team.

Does this auto EVPN used by Rift separate effort from IDR DT below:

1. BGP Autoconf Design Team Report (15 mins)
  https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-autoconf-considerations/

Kind Regards

Gyan

On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 3:06 AM Antoni Przygienda <prz=
40juniper....@dmarc.ietf.org> wrote:

> Sandy, if you want to see it that way, yepp, you can think of one of the
> things AUTO EVPN does as “BGP peer auto-configuration”. This is however
> just a small part of the overall and really just kind of “necessary
> byproduct”, especially since the sessions to RR can go multi-hop so even
> with bgp single-hop discovery BGP couldn’t figure it out itself. (Yes,
> there was work done previously for RR autodiscovery in IGP AFAIR, I don’t
> think I ever saw it deployed).
>

> --- tony
>

> *From: *"zhang.zh...@zte.com.cn" <zhang.zh...@zte.com.cn>
> *Date: *Friday, 12 March 2021 at 05:01
> *To: *Antoni Przygienda <p...@juniper.net>, Jordan Head <jh...@juniper.net>,
> Wen Lin <w...@juniper.net>
> *Cc: *"r...@ietf.org" <r...@ietf.org>, "bess@ietf.org" <bess@ietf.org>
> *Subject: *Re:[Rift] comments on draft-head-rift-auto-evpn-00
>

> *[External Email. Be cautious of content]*
>

> Hi Tony,
>
> Thank you for your response! It's interesting.
>
> So in some sense, the BGP auto discovery can be achieved by RIFT own way,
> in this situration, right?
>
> Please find more comments below with Sandy>.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Sandy
>
> 原始邮件
>
> *发**件人:*AntoniPrzygienda
>
> *收件人:*张征00007940;Jordan Head;Wen Lin;
>
> *抄送人:*r...@ietf.org;bess@ietf.org;
>
> *日* *期* *:*2021年03月10日 23:45
>
> *主* *题* *:**Re: [Rift] comments on draft-head-rift-auto-evpn-00*
>
> Hey Sandy, yes, all sessions come up automatically
>

> Yes, all the data is derived automatically just from the today’s RIFT
> database on the leaf or ToF (no key value necessary or any new TIEs, just
> topology info we have today already)
>
> Sandy> Most of the info is topology info, but some may not, such as AS
> number. But I agree with you, it can be a small option to be added in the
> existed TIE or a new TIE.
>

> There is _*NO*_ information about ToF in the leaves, e’thing is scaling
> just like RIFT does today
>
> Sandy> I have a question, If ToF is RR, does it need to establish BGP
> peering with leaf nodes?
>

> KV 😉 will be just optional for telemetry in case that’s desired & will
> flow northbound only so no change in scaling properties.
>
> Sandy> OK. I understand.
>

> In short:
>

> RR elects itself RR or not in the plane (section 6.3.2.1) and based on
> that  assumes a special RR loopback with last byte representing its
> preference
>

> X::[pref]
>

> Every leaf tries to connect to
>

> X::1
>
> X::2
>
> X::3
>

> Which they know are RRs (# of RRs doesn’t matter, just pick a reasonable
> constant)
>

> Each leaf elects own loopback in a well known range
>
> Sandy> It's a reasonable design. For multiple RIFT instances, if multiple
> [...]

<http://www.verizon.com/>

*Gyan Mishra*

*Network Solutions A**rchitect *

*M 301 502-134713101 Columbia Pike *Silver Spring, MD