From: Bocci, Matthew (Nokia - GB) <matthew.bo...@nokia.com>
Sent: 01 April 2021 16:15
To: draft-ietf-bess-srv6-servi...@ietf.org
Cc: bess@ietf.org
Subject: Document shepherd review of draft-ietf-bess-srv6-services-06

Authors,

I am the document shepherd for this draft. As is customary, I have reviewed the
document and have some comments below.

Please treat these as you would any other working group last call comments.

In general, the draft is clear and well written – thank you.

I have a few minor comments as follows.

  *   Terminology. The document is missing a terminology section. The
introduction does define some terms e.g. SRv6 based BGP services, SRv6 SID,
SRv6 Service SID, etc, and I think it would make sense to split these out into
a terminology section.
  *   There are numerous cases where the definite article (‘a’, ‘the’ etc) is
missing. Please go through the document carefully and insert as needed.
  *   Introduction: “SRv6 Service SID refers to an SRv6 SID associated with one
of the service specific behaviors…” I think you mean ‘endpoint behaviors’ per
RFC8986.
  *   Please expand all acronyms on first use, particularly ones specififc to
SRv6 e.g. ‘SRH’.

If you can fix these, then I will proceed with the publication process.

Thanks

Matthew