From: BESS <bess-boun...@ietf.org> On Behalf Of Eduard Metz
Sent: 17 May 2021 13:46
To: bess@ietf.org
Subject: [bess] SRv6 / (SR)MPLS co-existence for bess

Hello,

Co-existence of multiple dataplane technologies to carry BESS services is
useful for among others migration of one dataplane technology to another (e.g.
(SR)MPLS to SRv6).

Can co-existence be achieved without changing current specifications, or would
it require extensions / changes? For example as proposed in
draft-ls-bess-srv6-mpls-coexisting-vpn.

I was thinking maybe the BGP ADD-PATH capability could be leveraged to achieve
co-existence.

Would it be of interest to document co-existence cases and solutions?

Thanks!

cheers,
  Eduard