Hi Jorge,

This is the detailed explanation of the question I asked in the IETF 111
meeting.

In page 7 of slides-111-bess-sessa-evpn-ip-aliasing, when leaf-5 send traffic
to leaf-2,  how does leaf-2 find the corresponding ARP entry for 20.0.0.2 or
20.0.0.1 or 20.1.1.3 ?

I guess the GW-IP 1.1.1.1 will be advertised as overlay index along with the
ESI.

But the draft-ietf-bess-evpn-prefix-advertisement-11 does not define an IP
Prefix Advertisement Route with both GW-IP and ESI both as overlay index.

I suggest that this should be updated if you want to do so.

And the preference of ESI overlay index should be considered higher than GW-IP
overlay index for Leaf-5's sake.

But the preference of ESI overlay index should be considered lower than (or
maybe they should both be used? ) GW-IP overlay index for Leaf-2's sake

These are new rules that can't be found in
draft-ietf-bess-evpn-prefix-advertisement-11 .

But on the contary,  if the IP Prefix Advertisement Route has a GW-IP overlay

It can support the same protection procedures without any ESI overlay index.

( The details to do such protection using GW-IP overlay index I have described
in draft-wang-bess-evpn-arp-nd-synch-without-irb-06. )

So I don't get the point why we need two redundant overlay index?

Can you clearify it?

Maybe an IP Prefix Route Style with a GW-IP overlay index is engough here.

And such Route Style is in compliance with
draft-ietf-bess-evpn-prefix-advertisement-11 already.

Another question is that: If the ESI overlay index is advertised, when will the
IP A-D per EVI route of Leaf-2 be withdrawn?

When the IRB interface on Leaf-2 fails?

When one of the three ACs fails?

When all of the three ACs fails?

If you want to do so, I suggest that the ESI-1 to be configured onto the IRB
interfaces,

But in Figure 2 of  draft-sajassi-bess-evpn-ip-aliasing-02, I see the ESI is
configured on the ACs of the BDs.

Is anything I have misunderstood?

Best,

Yubao