Hi Eduard,

I don't think an Ethernet A-D per ES route with a zero ESI is better to use,

Because each single-homed CE is an individual ES,

that's why MAC mobility happens between two zero ESIs (for different
single-homed ethernet segments)

but not happens between the same ESI (local and remote).

And I think such Ethernet A-D per ES route can't achieve the expected
"mass-withdraw" behavior actually,

Because it may not influence the installing of the RT-2 routes whose ESI are
zero.

If we want to use such Ethernet A-D per ES route to achieve mass-withdraw
behavior,

I think it will be difficult for us to decide when to trigger the mass-withdraw
too.

Please see section 9.2.2 of RFC7432:

"9.2.2.  Route Resolution

   If the Ethernet Segment Identifier field in a received MAC/IP

   Advertisement route is set to the reserved ESI value of 0 or MAX-ESI,

   then if the receiving PE decides to install forwarding state for the

   associated MAC address, it MUST be based on the MAC/IP Advertisement

   route alone."

Regards,

Yubao

On Wed, 8 Dec 2021 09:28:27 +0000