Hi Eduard,

I am not saying that the mass-withdraw for single-homed ES don't have any
benifits.

What I have noticed is that when we extend a mass-withdraw feature for
single-homed ES,

the route resolution for zero ESI RT-2 can not be simply updated,

if those updates would exclude current PEs (which don't expect the
mass-withdraw feature for their single-homed ESes) from the ordinary route
resolution procedures.,

just because these PEs don't advertise RT-1 per ES route for single-homed ESes.

The receiving PEs can provide none of the mass-withdraw features for these
current PEs,

but the receiving PEs should still provide the ordinary route resolution
functions for them.

Please note that section 5 of RFC7432 is not saying that a RT-1 per ES route
should be advertised for a single-homed site,

it is just saying that whether a RT-1 per ES route is advertised for a
single-homed site or not,

the reserved ESI 0 can always be used to denote a single-homed site.

There is another factor to prevent the zero ESI RT-1 per ES to be used to do
mass-withdraw,

Because that in E-Tree scenarios, it is used to advertise the Leaf label, both
for single-homed Leafs and for multi-homed leafs.

In such case, a zero ESI RT-1 per ES route should be advertised even if all
single-homed ESes have failed already.

If there are any explicit describing of current PEs following RFC7432 should
advertise a RT-1 per ES/EVI route for a single-homed ES, I would appreciate it
if you could point it out.

Yubao

原始邮件