Hi Warren,

Thank you for your Discuss. But before we start discussing it perhaps it
would be good to align on what this document really defines as I am sensing
from your description there can be some disconnect (modulo some text may be
indeed misleading in the draft).

You said:

> However, we all know that BGP leaks happen -- and when they do, the SID’s
> contained in the leak will be logged by various systems and hence
available to
> the public into perpetuity.

I think the term BGP is used here a bit too broadly.

Leaks do happen but only within global AFI/SAFIs. This draft defines
extensions for L3VPN and L2VPNs SAFIs which are not used to peer outside of
a domain, collection of domains under same administration +
of course inter-as also could happen.

With that being said I do not see risk that due to leaking there could be a
situation where customer networks are exposed in any way externally -
leaving alone that to even get at the transport level to the customer
facing PE is also filtered and never allowed from outside. But this is out
of scope of this document as here the focus is not on underlay but overlay.

Now when I re-read this I see why there is a little piece perhaps
misleading. The draft makes a claim that it is applicable to RFC8950 which
defines use of NHv6 with both unicast and VPN AFs. That needs to be made
clear that it is applicable to the latter only. If other co-authors believe
this is applicable to the former your DISCUSS section would indeed be
valid.

Many thx,
R.