+1

This is something I was a little confused about since its been referenced in
these emails time and again, and I was wondering if I had missed something,
but, I’ve checked to be 100%  certain, RFC8950 which is what this document
refers to explicitly states that the NLRI encoding  of the destination must not
change – and since the IPv4 NLRI leaves no provision for labels – and  makes it
clear that SAFI 4 is used for MPLS – MPLS doesn’t fall into SAFI 1.
In fact, what is described in 5.3 only results from the nature of SRv6, it
states:

   SRv6 Service SID is encoded as part of the SRv6 L3 Service TLV.  The
   SRv6 Endpoint behavior of the SRv6 SID is entirely up to the

   originator of the advertisement.  In practice, the SRv6 Endpoint

   behavior is End.DX4 or End.DT4.

Since 5.3 can operate in SAFI 1 (it explicitly refers to Global IPv4 over SRv6
core – which by correlation to 8950 is SAFI 1) and based on the wording of the
above, this actually puts MPLS type functionality into SAFI 1 where it never
was before, by using the SID as a normal address which is then dealt with as a
SID inside the domain.  But no – this is not providing equal functionality for
MPLS – this is extending MPLS style functionality into SAFI 1, which, if my
reading of Warren’s discuss is accurate, is pretty much the essence of the
problem.

Thanks

Andrew