From: BESS <bess-boun...@ietf.org> On Behalf Of Susan Hares
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2022 9:55 AM
To: i...@ietf.org; p...@ietf.org; bess@ietf.org
Subject: [bess] draft-hb-idr-sr-p2mp-policy (3/10 to 3/24/2022)

This begins a 2 week WG adoption call for:
draft-hb-idr-sr-p2mp-policy from (3/10 to 3/24/2022)

You can obtain the draft at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hb-idr-sr-p2mp-policy/

In your comments for this call please consider:

1)  Does this technology support the SR P2MP features
that distributes candidate paths which connect
a multicast distribution tree (tree to leaves).
MA> Yes.

2) Is the technology correctly specified for the
NLRI (AFI/SAFI) and the tunnel encapsulation attribute
additions (sections 2 and 3)?
MA> Yes. The NRLI is structured with a set of information to specify segment
list at origination and replication points.

3) Does the P2MP policy operation (section 4)
provide enough information for those implementing this
technology and those deploying the technology?
MA> There is a good starting point. I am sure the working group members will
enhance it.

4) Do you think this multicast technology is a good
Place to start for P2MP policy advertisement via BGP?
MA> Yes. This complements the SR P2P (unicast) policy specification.

5) Do you think this SR P2MP policies should not be advertised
via BGP?
MA> BGP is a good control plane for SR P2MP policies and complements the BGP
unicast policy specification.

Cheers, Susan Hares