From: Alexander Vainshtein <alexander.vainsht...@rbbn.com>
Date: Thursday, November 24, 2022 at 2:54 AM
To: Ali Sajassi (sajassi) <saja...@cisco.com>
Cc: bess@ietf.org <bess@ietf.org>, Alexander Ferdman
<alexander.ferd...@rbbn.com>, Dmitry Valdman <dmitry.vald...@rbbn.com>, Ron
Sdayoor <ron.sday...@rbbn.com>, Nitsan Dolev <nitsan.do...@rbbn.com>,
draft-ietf-bess-evpn-lsp-p...@ietf.org <draft-ietf-bess-evpn-lsp-p...@ietf.org>
Subject: RE: A question pertaining to validation of LSP Ping Echo requests in
draft-ietf-bess-evpn-lsp-ping-08
Hi Ali,
Lots of thanks for a prompt and very detailed response, and my sincere
apologies for a delayed response.
Please see a short comment to your response marked [[Sasha]] inline below.

Please note also that I have recently added yet another question to my list, I
am copying here it for your convenience:

RFC 8214<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8214> defines usage of per EVI EVPN A-D
(Type 1) routes in EVPN-VPWS in addition to their usage for aliasing/backup
path defined in RFC 7432.  Suppose that the operator tries to perform a
connectivity check to the aliasing function of some EVI but the PE that
receives an LSP Ping Echo request with the EVPN Ethernet AD sub-TLV in the
target label stack and label has advertised this FEC and label for a specific
Attachment Circuit of an EVPN-VPWS instance. Is there any way it can indicate
in the Echo Reply message that the label matches the target FEC but this FEC
and label are used for EVPN-VPWS and not for aliasing?

I see that the current version of the draft does not even mention RFC 8214