Hi Jorge,

Thank you for your response.

I talk about EVPN VPLS per
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-rfc7432bis-07#name-evpn-layer-2-attributes-ext.

That section of rfc7432bis extends L2-Attr EC (which is defined in EVPN VPWS)
to EVPN VPLS.

And my case 2 taks about a gateway which only implements RFC7432, it doesn't
recognize L2-Attr EC (this is different from  draft-sr-bess-evpn-vpws-gateway
) . What I want to know is whether there is a solution under the existing
RFC/drafts. I think there may be packet decapsulation error in case 2 following
current rfc7432bis.

If there is a solution using existing mechanisms and those mechanisms is an
option of a RFC, I think it will be better to mention that mechanism in the
corresponding section of rfc7432bis,because in such case it is required in
order to avoid traffic loss when rfc7432bis cowork with existing old devices.

And I think
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-virtual-hub-00  may
need to refer to rfc7432bis,and requires the implementation of L2-Attr EC is a
SHOULD or MUST, because otherwise a virtual hub (which doesn't recognized a
L2-Attr and can't decapsulate Flow label) cannot cowork with a rfc7432-enabled
virtual spoke (which signalled F bit in L2-Attr EC).

Thanks,

Yubao

原始邮件