Hi Sasha,

I agree with you on the following:

1) in the case of EVPN, it is really important to guarantee that MAC-VRFs that
locally represent the same EVI in different PEs are assigned with different RDs.

2) Type 1 RD is easier to achieve above goal, especially when the RD is
auto-generated.

But type 0/2 RD can also achieve above goal, and as far as I know, RFC4364 had
not forbidden this way of using type 0/2 RD. Thus type 0/2 RD don't always
means the same RD on different PE.

Many existing deployments are using type 0/2 RD. I think it will be enough to
point out that  "it is important to guarantee that MAC-VRFs that locally
represent the same EVI in different PEs are assigned with different RDs", but
don't have to limit it to using type 1 RD. At least a RR is not necessary to
drop an A-D per ES route with a type 0/2 RD.

Thanks,

Yubao

原始邮件