Erik Kline has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bess-evpn-virtual-eth-segment-11: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to
https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-ballot-positions/

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-virtual-eth-segment/

COMMENT:

# Internet AD comments for draft-ietf-bess-evpn-virtual-eth-segment-11
CC @ekline

* comment syntax:
  - https://github.com/mnot/ietf-comments/blob/main/format.md

* "Handling Ballot Positions":
  - https://ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-ballot-positions/

## Comments

* It's not clear to me why this isn't just Informational.

### S3.3

* I get that this functionality is highly desirable, but is there some loss
  of interoperability among vendor equipment if it's not present?  In other
  words, why is this a MUST as opposed to SHOULD?

  Seems like the alternative is that the switching among neighbor EVCs is
  definitely less efficient, but could nevertheless be made to work.

### S3.4

* These don't seem like "requirements" to me, just service descriptions.

### S3.5

* R5a does not seem like a requirement.