Hi,
This the question I have tried to ask during the meeting.

The Introduction to draft in
question<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-sajassi-bess-evpn-l3-optimized-irb-00#section-1>
  claims "improving MAC scalability of customer bridges and PE devices
significantly".
The first of these claims is easy to understand: each specific CE switch has to
learn just one MAC address (that of the optimized IRB) in addition to MAC
addresses of its locally attached hosts.

But I have doubts about the second of these claims: to the best of my
understanding, each PE attached to the subnet in question will learn MAC
addresses of all attached hosts in the subnet.

What, if anything, did I miss?

Regards, and lots of thanks in advance,
Sasha

Disclaimer

This e-mail together with any attachments may contain information of Ribbon
Communications Inc. and its Affiliates that is confidential and/or proprietary
for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, disclosure, reliance or
distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
immediately and then delete all copies, including any attachments.