This looks like a candidate “hold for document update”. The original document
doesn’t seem to be in error, the erratum is just suggesting some editorial
improvements/clarifications. Note that RFC 2119 keywords are not mandatory [*]
in IETF specifications, what’s important is that the intent is clear, and I
think the intent is crystal clear with the lowercase “mandatory“.

Unless there’s disagreement, I’ll verify this as HFDU later this week.

—John

[*] see what I did there?