From: Reshma Das <dres...@juniper.net>
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2024 9:00
To: Ketan Talaulikar; idr@ietf. org; draft-li-idr-link-bandwidth-...@ietf.org
Cc: BESS; satya.moha...@gmail.com; Jeff Haas; Susan Hares
Subject: Re: [Idr] Do we need yet another link bandwidth community?

Hi Ketan,

I agree we don’t need yet another new draft to carry LBW community.

As we know the base draft(draft-ietf-idr-link-bandwidth) is being revived to
support both transitive and non-transitive use cases. This was presented in
Mondays IDR session: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePPCAPOSQfM).

It is worth updating the base draft as a single source of truth to accommodate
all use cases. That provides the most interop.

Since this is an effort initiated by IDR chairs, you are more than welcome to
contribute to this effort as part the IDR WG.

Thanks & Regards,
Reshma Das

Juniper Business Use Only