Sounds horrific to me.  Could you not just remove windows as a supported
platform and force everyone to run the server on decent operating
systems instead?  :-)

That said, the original point of WOL was to enable waking up the server
to apply patches etc.  I don't think it was intended to necessarily stay
awake afterwards.  Either way, it really should be an option.

Max

--
max.spicer

The wild things roared their terrible roars and gnashed their terrible
teeth
and rolled their terrible eyes and showed their terrible claws
but Max stepped into his private boat and waved good-bye