I had my first SlimServer crash today, since switching over from using the
windows exe nightly downloads to using svn/trunk.

I have no idea why SlimServer crashed - no errors are reported in the Windows
Application Event Log.  I assume that as perl is running from srvany.exe (I'm
running as a service), the error doesn't get reported.

Is it possible to put an error handler around the main entry point to log the
final error (to the windows event log) before dying?

Otherwise, maybe instead of configuring a windows service to run srvany that
runs perl.exe, it would be possible to run an executable that runs perl, but
catches stderr stream and writes it to the application event log if
slimserver.pl exits?

Phil