>If you've named your service "slimtrunk", then use that instead of
>"slimsvc".  Include the double quotes.  Add logging and other
>command-line options to the AppParameters string, outside of the double
>quotes.

I tried that already.  The service works with -w "slimserver.pl" in the
AppParameters string, but error redirection to a file doesn't happen when I add
2>error.txt to it.  I guess this is incorrectly passed as a parameter to perl.

I tried adding the redirection to srvany.exe, but that doesn't work either.

I think the only way is to write a proper service, that spawns the perl process
and catches the error stream.  The service could also respond to a shutdown
event and properly tidy up when perl process dies.  It can also write to the
app event log.

I can write this, but only know how to do it in .NET, so would require the .NET
framework if others want to use it.

Phil