Quoting Triode <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

- running 6.5 recent svn
- player off with Rss screen saver running
- player locks up with a "frozen display" at some point

bug2640 applies to the above

- player is not listed in the list of attached players on the web
interface

not seen this myself.

- netstat shows an active TCP session on the slimprot port to the
player

haven't ever had a chance to test

- still possible to ping player

yup, probably still applicable to 2640

- debug d_slimproto [set running before the problem] shows:

never managed to actually have it on and then GET the bug to happen. Once it does, it is too late to change debug (94% cpu and web just doesn't respond in time for my patience)

One note, however, is that this doesn't seem to be a HARD 94%. I run slimserver on a MythTV box and if it is recording there is a good percentage allocated to that process and slimserver simply takes the rest. clocks displaying on other players will update every 10-20 seconds...so things are alive...barely.
-k