Together with installing 6.2.2 Release Canditate I decided to switch
from using ogg-files to flac-files. No I am able to fast forward and
backward through files which was not possible with ogg files.

However, it seems that when fast forwarding a flac file the replay gain
information is no longer used and the song is suddenly played with its
original (loud) volume even after changing back from fast forward to
normal play. Only after stopping and restarting the song the volume is
again reduced according to the stored replay gain values.

I thought I previously read about a corresponding issue (but was not
interested in as long as I used ogg files). I searched the whole forum
and bugzilla but did not find any topic about this problem.

--
dip