Deleting slimserversql.db did the trick, and it now clears and scans
properly. I am not aware of any large playlists etc.. so I don't think
that is the problem, and it had all worked for several weeks before.
What seemed to trip it up was upgrading to 6.5b1, but that may just be
coincidence. Thanks very much for the fix!

Dan - am very happy to run with -d_sql and -d_scan but (1) now it
appears to be working is the bug still likely to show? And (2) I wont
get a chance to do it until the w/e now, but will happily do it then if
it helps.

--
rbl