On May 23, 2006, at 6:38 AM, gandt wrote:

Is it correct that the recent builds should take ages to start up - on
my xp system I just installed the latest nightly on a clean -
uninstalled and all slimfolders deleted build and whilst it says
slimserver running and the squeezebox is "alive" - I still cant get to
the web front end 10 minutes in...any thoughts is it something to do
with sql?

It is true that the latest builds may take slightly longer to start, but only if you have invalid DNS server(s). SlimServer now tries to find a valid DNS server at startup to avoid later lookup problems during HTTP requests. The delay is only approx. 10 seconds per invalid server, so what you're seeing sounds like something else. You should try running slim.exe from the command line and checking for any error messages.