To sumarise my details from earlier in this thread (plus a couple of
bits of extra info):

I am running SlimServer build 6.5b1 - 8242. I recently rebuilt my OS &
went straight for 6.5b1, so it has no remants of 6.22 or 6.3. It will
be using the MySQL that was delivered with SlimServer, as I elected to
not install it with the OS. I have not done any tuning of MySQL as I
don't know how to!

My OS is Linux Fedora FC5 (fully up to date with yum) with no X-Windows
or unneccessary services. I run this on an Epia Via motherboard with a
1Ghz processor and 512MB RAM. It has one internal 3.5" 80GB IDE drive
(ATA/IDE 133). No other software (other than directly related to
SlimServer) runs on this machine.

I have a reported bogomips of 2001.17.

I have one client - a Squeezebox 3. I nornally run this wirelessly, but
when I tried it wired I didn't see any obvious improvement. The IR
responsiveness of this is mostly OK, but can sometimes be poor.

My music library contains 535 albums with 6451 songs by 232 artists. I
have no playlists at this time.

Cheers,

Richard

--