Folks, I'm not a techie by any stretch, so I hate to intrude in the
debate, but as a s1 owner I came to this board for the same reason as
all of you: I'm trying to figure out if there is a simple fix for the
S1 constantly "hesitating" when playing music with the most recent
releases of the server.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was anyone told that the new releases
won't work with the s1? Was anyone told that SlimDevices will no longer
support that product? I know I wasn't, and would have never upgraded if
I knew I could no longer effectively use the device.

So since the RIGHT solution is that the s1 doesn't work anymore and to
get a new device, isn't the problem with SlimDevices, and why they're
not providing free (or very inexpensive) upgrades to their latest
devices? Especially when those of us that are suffering are their early
adopters--those who helped them get traction in the marketplace.

While I'm not a technie, I did work for a technology company for a long
time, and we always provided easy migration paths when we stopped
supporting older products...

Just a thought...

--
dapnyc