Phil Meyer;131399 Wrote:
> I tried reverting SVN back down as far as 8785 (4 August 2006), and the
> wipe DB at restart problem still persists.
>
> Perhaps there's some dodgy setting that has now got into my
> slimserver.pref file?
I'm not sure I can see SlimServer prefs affecting how SlimServer works
with the database, but you could always blow away the SlimServer prefs
file and start over.

Did you recently install a new version of MySQL prior to seeing these
problems?  In the Windows installer wizard there are quite a few
questions asked - that's where I'm thinking some MySQL option might be
getting set that doesn't work well with how SlimServer (or its
libraries) work with the database.

I'm going to see if I have time today to work with my installation as
well.  One I'd like to see is whether the SlimServer MySQL config file
can be used for the external MySQL instance, and then see what that
does.

--
JJZolx

Jim