let me add a related wish while we consider the issue...

if we had multiple libraries, it would be neat if we could assign
multiple dirs to any ONE library.

i keep my dirs structured...  D:\mp3home has all my main artists in it,
but it also has \BLUES and \SOUNDTRACKS and \OTHER and so on...

i would like to have a library that could be made out of say a
combination of \BLUES and \COMEDY.  if i had that, i could just rip a
CD, place in the proper dir, and wait for the auto-rescan.  no need to
create or update a playlist, the library is its own playlist that
updates itself.

kinda related to the topic in here i hope!  (i hate to throw a thread
off topic!)

--
MrSinatra

www.LION-Radio.org
Using:
Squeezebox2 w/SS 6.5.1 (beta!?) - Win XP Pro SP2 - 3.2ghz / 2gig ram