I had a bunch of issues this morning after installing the 10/1 build on
Windows XP.
I didn't get to fully research them, unfortunately.

The install process went OK, it was afterwards that there were issues.

I completely uninstalled and deleted the SlimServer directory (from the
9.29 build) prior to installing the 10/1 build.

1) On the box that is running SqueezeCenter I set the auto run on
startup to ON using the slimtray icon/option. (not an issue in and of
itself, but some background).
2) The slimtray indicated that SC was NOT running when it was.
3) Hitting the start in the slimtray OR the desktop icon gave the
message that it was starting/stoping and I should try again later
(waited 10 minutes, same message).  This worked OK with the 9/29
version.
4) I COULD connect to the SC from a different computer

I rebooted and all of above were still an issue.

5) Changed auto run to login using slimtray option and the browser
popped up right away.

6) MusicIP (GUI 1.7.1) was running prior to SC starting and there
wasn't any "M" icons on albums.  There wasn't a MusicIP entry in the
Server settings and the Server Settings, Extras, MusicIP settings page
was error 404 - not found again.

This is just an FYI - I'll go through things in a bit more detail
tonight and create some bug reports, etc.

--
dwilliams01