Well, I maintain that it's a bug. Please remember that we're still
talking about browsing by genre. If you choose the setting "Show any
tracks and albums for an artist", and then you browse by genre, the
resulting list of albums should include the union of (a) albums in that
genre, and (b) albums by an artist who has at least one track in that
genre. For example, if a user is going Music Library > Genre > Blues,
why should the resulting album list include an album on which (a) there
are no blues tracks, and (b) none of the artists on the album have any
blues tracks anywhere in the library?

Or look at it this way: the current behavior is inconsistent for VA and
non-VA albums. For non-VA albums it is continuing to filter by genre.
For VA albums it isn't filtering on anything.

Also, is the intent of Music Library > Genres > Blues > All Albums
really to take you back to your entire library, ie, ignore the genre
path that got you there?

--
aubuti