Okay, I'm currently running the nightly from Jan-18, and it's behaving
fine. I cannot reproduce the results from the 7-Dec nightly that I
posted on 19-Dec
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=41143#9). Go figure.

What's more, if I turn filtering off, and do Music Library > Genres >
<genre> > Various Artists I do *not* get all albums by "Various
Artists"; I only get artists by VA in that genre. Likewise for doing
Music Library > Genres > <genre> > All Albums: I get all albums for the
genre, not all albums in the whole library. This is good.

I swear I wasn't hitting the egg nog that night in Dec, and there's no
point in resurrecting the 7-Dec nightly to do the forensics. It's
working now (and I usually have filtering on anyway). That bug, it's
dead to me!

--
aubuti