Since I jumped from the 1/31 build to the 2/5 build my scans have not
been completing.
I looked through scanner.log, and it looked like a problem with
anti-virus "autoprotect"
-execute failed: Can't create/write to file
'C:\WINNT\TEMP\#sql_e18_0.MYI' (Errcode: 13)-
So I made sure that C:\WINNT\TEMP and the MYI filetype were on my A/V's
"ignore" list.
Still no success, so I disabled the A/V "autoprotect" (the part that
might cause this kind of problem).
Still no success.
I then removed almost all the links to music directories (I've music in
a number of different directories - originally for audiotron
compatibility, now just historical).
I made a point of retaining the links to the directories containing
about 250 compilation albums (I'd thought this might be the problem as
the scan would invariably fail somewhere in "merge various artists.
I thought I'd isolated the problem, so I would get a failure quickly,
rather than having to wait over an hour to see if the scan was going to
fail again.
Only the scan worked (!)
If I go back to all directories, the scan fails again.

I'd love some suggestions as to what to do now, as this has absorbed
more of my time than I really have available (looming deadlines for
some other projects). Help?

Thanks!

PS: I'm running on a Win2KServer PC, SC is running as a service. I've
had this problem both with it running as the local system account and
running as -me- (member of admin group)

--
bobkoure