Robin: I've checked out your UDAP-Net tool and here is how you can
configure a SBR using ethernet and DHCP:

- factory reset SBR
- start UDAP-Net tool
- UDAP> discover
- UDAP> configure 1
- UDAP> set interface=1
- UDAP> save_data
- UDAP> reset
- exit UDAP-Net tool
- wait until LED is blue
- start UDAP-Net tool
- UDAP> discover
- UDAP> configure 1
- UDAP> set squeezecenter_address=<ip>
- UDAP> save_data
- SBR goes to white on its own, no need for a reset

The reason why I needed to get out of your tool and restart it is
because it seems that you don't pick up the ip address it got via DHCP
and then setting sc_address sets all values (ip, gw, etc.) to 0.0.0.0.
A restart and new discovery picks up this changes.

If you set squeezecenter_address before the LED is blue you get the
behavior you've been seeing, you need a reset to get SBR to connect and
if SC is stopped the LED stays white.

So, you'll need to do the two step approach like SBC is doing it. You
should be able to find when SBR is blue with another advanced_discover
call: status = wait_slimserver

Cheers
Felix

--
fcm4711

Everyone said: This cannot be done. But one day someone came along who
didn't know about this - and did it. (Source unknown)