bhaagensen;285139 Wrote:
> ... but then again the first builds of SC7 with the new interface
> weren't exactly plug'n play.
>
> That said, the stability of unstable trunk builds can vary across
> projects and companies, and historically the unstable SC builds have
> been very polished for long period of times. So I can see why that
> can lead people into expecting unstable to work.
>
> If one follows unstables on a daily basis, at some point,
> perhaps after months or even years, things will most likely break
> bigtime, e.g. when the major changes are commited.
>
> Therefore I think it is highly recomendable to follow dev- and
> commit-mailinglists when using trunks.
>
> Anyway, just my 2c.
>
> In peace,
>
> B.

B,

Please read my posts. I know that I was using unstable as it was me
that typed unstable into the repository list. I was not criticising the
build, but sending what i thought might be useful info. If the stuff I
post isn't useful then so be it.

M.

--
mudlark

SB3>CyrusDACX>PreXvs>NAP140+260A>KEFiQ7, Avondale and Naim cable,
Kubuntu Gusty Gibbon server, linkstation for storage.
DIY SB3 3A linear power supply.
Using SqueezeCentre7