On Jun 15, 2008, at 12:43 PM, Phil Meyer wrote:

>>> There's no specific "Last.fm favorites", but you can add them to
>>> your
>>> standard list of favorites.
>>>
>> Okay, that's what I thought.
>
> I tried storing Tangerine Dream > Play Similar Artists Radio as a
> favorite, and it appears in Favorites as "Play Similar Artists
> Radio".  It would be better if the artist name could be put in the
> favorite name when it is created, otherwise I'd create a bunch of
> non-distinct favorites (although I realise I can edit the favorite
> name later from the WebUI, it's not possible on a Player UI).

Yeah I probably need to change those titles.

> Also, I can't find a way of playing Last.fm groups or users, only
> arbitrary artists or tags.  Last.fm supports the following station
> address formats:
>
>    * User stations: "user/craigjam"

You can play any of your friend's or neighbor's stations (or their
friends, neighbors, etc).

>    * Group stations: "group/SlimScrobbler"

I do not know how to get a list of someone's groups using the API.
Maybe they will add this later, I'll ask.

>    * Global tag stations: "globaltags/rock"

Start a Station -> Enter a Tag, or find a tag from an artist menu.

>    * Similar Artist station: "artist/Blur/similarartists"

Available in any artist menu.

> Perhaps some more menu options are needed in "Start a Station", or
> one generic "Last.fm Station name" that allows any format like the
> above.

Most people won't know/want to enter a full URL, so I don't agree.