>Having (2) separated from (1) would make the implementation of SN <->
>SC Favorites Synchronization a lot easier and I think a bit more
>intuitive for the end users as only the (2) Favorites would be
>synchronized. Am I again way out on left field?

I agree.  I would much prefer the separation of remote and local favorites.

Or an alternative way of looking at it is "My Radio Stations" is a collection
of user-configured radio stations - there could be many.  "Favorites" is a
collection of favorite items; some could be local music, whilst others could be
from remote sources (LastFM, My Radio Stations, etc).  "Favorites" by it's own
name indicates a sub-section of something, not a whole collective.

Phil