mherger;341512 Wrote:
> > i guess i'm out of my depth here.  are you saying that the java that
> > DL for my computer needs to be updated by Sun to work with IE8?
>
> No Java required. Though confusing, JavaScript and Java are
> independant, unrelated.

clearly, my ignorance is on display.

mherger;341512 Wrote:

> > and then at that point, compatibility mode will no longer be
> necessary
> > for IE8 and SC to function together (in standard mode), right?
>
> Why do you worry about the compatibility mode? It's controlled by the
> skin. You don't have to do anything. It just works.

thats the one that really embarrasses.  so the page itself controls
standard mode or compatibility mode.  got it.

my "worry" is twofold.  the silly part is that i want to be able to
adjust columns in IE.  the serious but now shown to be unfounded part
is i didn't want to have to set an option in IE to be any mode other
than standard.

mherger;341512 Wrote:

> > i guess my only point is that eventually, standard mode usage should
> be
> > the ultimate goal, and if i am hearing you correctly, it is.
>
> Correct. But it's irrelevant to the user. It's working now, and it will
> continue working. In which mode? Who cares.

well, resizable columns are nice i hear...

--
MrSinatra

www.LION-Radio.org
Using:
Squeezebox2 (primary) / SBR (secondary) / SBC - w/SC 7.2b - Win XP Pro
SP3 - 3.2ghz / 2gig ram - D-Link DIR-655