With the improved sync functionality of SC 7.3, does the syncing user
interface deserve a bit of new thought?  I've yet to completely figure
out the logic behind the current sync model.  For instance, last night
I was trying to unsync two players, but couldn't do it from one of them
- apparently player A was synced to player B, but you can't break out of
it that from player B?

IMO, named sync groups (or call them "zones", eh?) is an idea that
should be explored.  When syncing, instead of being presented with a
list of players to which you can sync, you would see a list of sync
groups.  A player can be a member of just one sync group or none at
all.  Is that too simple?

Have a default group that can't be deleted ('Main' or 'Default' or
whatever works).  Probably the majority of people will use just this
one sync group and the players in their house will be either joined to
it or not.  But permit the creation and deletion of additional named
sync groups.

I don't see this as just another way of doing it, but, as SqueezeCenter
improves and Squeezeboxes become a more viable solution for doing
multi-zone audio, I see this as something that would further promote
the use of the players in this type of setup.

--
JJZolx

Jim