dean;351213 Wrote:
> On Oct 19, 2008, at 2:20 AM, autopilot wrote:
> > I know this might be jumping the gun a little, but are there any
> plans
> > to have a proper line out mode for the 3.5mm socket (like my old
> Sony
> > MP3 player did)? Is is this just going to be limited to headphone
> use
> > (yeah i know i can use a headphone out as a line out, millions of
> iPod
> > users do lol, but it's not as good).
>
> What's the difference?  Impedance?  Output level management?

What I typically hear/see as the difference is that a line out will
bypass the as much of the internal audio amps etc... as possible since
they are the primary place audio gets degraded in Ipod type devices.
Basically just pulling off the signal as early in the circuitry as
possible and maintaining the right voltage.

--
Jonnio