adhawkins;354597 Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In article <mrfantasy.3i1qwb1225290902 (AT) no-mx (DOT)
> forums.slimdevices.com>,
> mrfantasy<mrfantasy.3i1qwb1225290902 (AT) no-mx (DOT)
> forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:
> > If SoftSqueeze works, you shouldn't need any other firewall ports
> (just
> > 9000 and 3483--but make sure 3483 is UDP and TCP.  TCP only will
> work
> > with SoftSqueeze but not Squeezeplay.)
>
> Definitely have UDP open too:
>
> gently:~# iptables -L -v -n | grep 3483
> 0     0 ACCEPT     tcp  --  eth0   *       158.152.93.221
> 0.0.0.0/0           tcp dpt:3483
> 4269  205K ACCEPT     tcp  --  eth0   *       80.177.138.64/29
> 0.0.0.0/0           tcp dpt:3483
> 0     0 ACCEPT     udp  --  eth0   *       158.152.93.221
> 0.0.0.0/0           udp dpt:3483
> 6   330 ACCEPT     udp  --  eth0   *       80.177.138.64/29
> 0.0.0.0/0           udp dpt:3483
>
> I'm connecting from 80.177.138.66, which is within the
> 80.177.138.64/29
> range.
>
> > I had a problem in Vista with keyboard shortcuts if you didn't run
> > SqueezePlay as administrator.  You might also have the problem in
> XP,
> > which I assume you're running at work.  This happened even though
> I'm
> > an administrator on my desktop.
>
> Possibly. It's annoying if the 'A' shortcut doesn't work, and the
> volume
> too, as there's no other way to access those features without the
> hotkeys.
>
> > Also, when you install a new build, make sure you not only uninstall
> > the old one but check for files in c:\Program Files\SqueezePlay.  I
> had
> > a bunch of lua files left behind, and it seems if those are
> inconsistent
> > things don't work, notably audio playback.
>
> Ok. Just trying now. Here's what I did:
>
> 1. Shutdown SoftSqueeze
> 2. Shutdown SqueezePlay
> 3. Uninstall SqueezePlay
> 4. Clear out the install folder (there were a few 'settings.lua' files,
> and
>       the log files in the top directory)
> 5. Download the latest SqueezePlay (dated 29th Oct, 01:07)
> 6. Install this
> 7. Run it
> 8. Hold down 'left cursor' to get to the top menu
> 9. Go to 'Settings->Music Source->Other server'
> 10. Enter my IP address
> 11. It goes back to the 'Music Source' menu, with the name of my server
> in
>       there
> 12. Go to this server, and use the right cursor to select it. All I get
> is
>       the noise that implies that I'm doing something wrong. I've got
>       further than this before though I'm sure.
> 13. Now, if I go up to the top and do 'Select player' all I get is the
> SB2
> [...]

Are those firewall rules on the SqueezeCenter computer or on your
actual Internet gateway?  Or is your SqueezeCenter computer also your
home firewall?

I've seen the audio playback feature still take a few tries to get
going--as in, enable the player, exit and restart SqueezePlay.  Perhaps
more than once.  There's some weird state persistence that takes a few
restarts to fully resolve.  I assume it's an interaction not just on
the client side but the server state.

--
mrfantasy

--Mike