I don't want to knock the development of SqueezePlay, it shows great
potential, and I fully appreciate the aim to replicate the Controllers
user interface for prospective customers (as a replacement to
SoftSqueeze).

But as per Autopilots and JJZoxs previous comments, I don't believe the
UI makes the best use of the PC/MAC desktop interface.

When SqueezePlay is set to the 'Desktop skin', I'd prefer to see a new
UI (rather than just a larger version of the Controllers); ideally with
the following features:

- Simple control buttons (rather than the obscure key presses)
- Better menu navigation, making use of the larger screen size and the
avialability of mouse & keyboard.
- 'Now Playing' track & playlist to be displayed separately from the
menu navigation.
- Drag and Drop playlist creation (and the ability to easily save
them)
- A permanent 'Search' box

I'm thinking along the lines of the SqueezeCenter web UI with Player
functionality, but without the constraints of HTML and web browsers.

I'll state again that I'm not criticising the development of
SqueezePlay, but it would be nice to see some of these features
eventually finding their way into the desktop skin in the future.

I'm also getting the same problem reported above, the track just stops
playing mid tune...

Mick

--
mick_w