MrSinatra;428282 Wrote:
> honestly, what is it about me saying that that gets you and others here
> so angry...?  why is that such a verbotten sentiment that you have to
> get all huffy and puffy?

Saying that following your switch to bolded text...now we're both
laughing.

Seriously, if all you're saying is that you know how to make SC happy
and that you don't want to, we're in total agreement.  I'm simply adding
an additional observation that "tagging to make SC happy" is also
coincidentally the correct way to tag, and if tagging your music in such
a manner breaks other software, that's a bug in that software.  That's
all.  Minor addendum.

To someone who doesn't know anything about tagging compilations, it
would be logical to assume that it's equally likely that either bit of
software could be at fault.  But if you know about tagging compilations,
you must consider this fact: unless you have ALBUMARTIST and COMPILATION
as separate discrete tags, it's totally impossible to tag some music
correctly (my Neil Young example, among others).  Thus, all software
that can't handle both tags as separate entities is hopelessly buggy in
a way that simply cannot be fixed through creative tagging.  And if you
tag your music in a way that requires that the software merge those tags
into a single mashup tag (and thus not be able to process some music
correctly), well...then your tags are buggy too.

It's fine if you don't want to fix your tags.  Really it is.  What
concerns me is that people reading one of your diatribes may go away
with the impression that there's some sort of problem with
SqueezeCenter's handling of compilations.  They haven't been through the
forum enough to know the only one complaining is you, and everyone else
just fixes their tags once they learn how to.

--
CatBus