>I spent a considerable amount of time tagging my music and
>making sure that those tags were displayed and functioned correctly
>using the MySQL platform.

There's no reason to believe that you will need to change your tags.  The
database engine, although different, should store the same content.  It's the
change to the scanner that may change the content of your music library, which
ultimately are likely to be bugs in the new scanner code.  Hopefully, any such
changes will be considered bugs and would be fixed.

>I just hope that I'll eventually be able to migrate my
>existing library to the new SQLite platform without loosing the
>modifications I made to my library and without loosing "most" of my
>existing functionality that the current MySQL platform provides.
You should be able to switch to SQLite now, rescan your library, and have the
same music library content.  Only you will lose any persistant information that
doesn't come from music file tags, such as TrackStat ratings. (It should be
possible to export TrackStat ratings, such that when TrackStat supports SQLite,
you could then import the ratings back).

I gather that several bugs have been fixed, such that the tags are scanned and
stored in the SQLite DB correctly.

I am more worried about performance - that SQLite won't perform as good.

The only problem should be that we are dependent on third-party plugin
developers changing their software to be compatible with the new DB engine, or
Logitech to update the server to also optionally support MySQL (which is what I
would prefer).