> 2) Library location seems to me to be basic information.

Agreed.

> I'm an "advanced" user so
> I would also like the opportunity to setup the start mode to be system
> start and to enter the user id and password.

Sure. But as you say: you're an advanced user. The new customer who does
an initial install usually doesn't even know about this feature (or that
he wants it...).

> 3) Yes, I would expect that the normal view to open after the SN stuff
> (if the SN stuff is still to be required).

I'll have to fix this. Thanks.

> 4) I tried several ways.  Directly after install, leaving everything
> exactly as the install left them I ran the CP from the start menu.  I
> belive that I set the start option and user id first and hit apply.  I

Yes, that might have been a "blocking" action. I've changed that part of
the code which should now run much faster. Please give it another try.

> that the cp had also reported scanning 2 albums (the sample ones in the
> random windows directory).

This is a very interesting point. What you consider "the random windows
directory" is (according to MS guidelines) the place where music should go
on a Windows system. But nobody seems to be following MS directions...

> 2 albums).  The only way I could get SbS to use the unc paths was to use
> the web ui settings page.

You mean you were not able to browse them using the Windows folder
selector dialog?

> Along the way I noticed the multiple SbS processes running with
> differnt user IDs when saving from the SbS CP.

This should be fixed now.

> I also, at one point,
> noticed that I had about 6 scanner.exe processes running.  I manually

Must be another bug.

> 5) I don't think that is the case.  I had changed the mode/user and
> restarted it.  It was running under the other user.  When I saved again

Whatever happened there, please give it another try. The restart and
startup behaviour setting should be handled much better now.

> Most of this is user feedback on the install ease of use, etc. so I'm
> not planning on filing any bugs (unless you tell me to).

Please do so for the mulitiple scanner issue.

> I'll redo the
> install when I have some more time and better document the exact steps
> and timing of everything (this weekend, I believe).

Greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot.

> I do have to say again that I really like the control panel - it is
> going to be very nice to use and with a few tweaks will make the entire
> new user experience a lot more friendly!

Good to hear!

--

Michael