andyg;439520 Wrote:
> Wanted to give an update on 7.4 scanner performance after some changes I
> made last night and this morning.
>
> This is measuring the raw performance of the scanner, without any disk
> read overhead, and is pretty encouraging.

Wouldn't these same code optimizations benefit the 7.4 Trunk running
MySQL?

It's definitely made a huge difference.  I have a SQLite branch server
and a 7.4 Trunk server running 24x7, and both have clear/rescans
scheduled to run each night (at different times).  Scan times, as
reported on the info page below.

The library consists of all FLAC files, 24217 tracks in 2029 albums,
811 artists.

7.4 MySQL: 35:17
7.4 SQLite: 16:18

Very nice.