Goodsounds;441851 Wrote:
> Not necessarily. But when there is a predominant practice among
> companies with respect to a particular task(product
> testing/development), isn't it fair to assume that thoughtful people
> agree on that as a better approach?

No I disagree in the case of SC. It is a cross-platform product
attempting to support a bewildering variety of user OS/hardware
platforms. Most software houses don't attempt to do that. It is
imperative that SC betas are released into the community ASAP so that
they are exposed to the maximum variety of user environments,
configurations and edge cases as early as possible. Logitech don't have
access to the kind of QA/conformance testing resources that (say)
Microsoft do. Indeed, most companies don't. Even if they did, I wouldn't
trust them. Such processes are obviously fallible compared with real
field testing across thousands of users.

The message here should be really simple: Don't use SC beta releases
unless:

1) you are prepared to contribute to the overall testing process to the
benefit of all

and/or

2) you are prepared to tolerate the bugs without whining about them or
about the length of the dev cycle (which frankly helps no-one)

Sorry to sound blunt, but I'd rather have early betas out in the field
being tested to destruction ASAP.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB3 (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Outdoors: Boom