Nonreality;441739 Wrote:
> I gave up on 7.4 as it was not beta ready.  Very much alpha.  don't mind
> testing something that is in the beta stage but man this was just too
> much.  Each version you had no idea if it would mess up the whole
> system. I'll wait a bit.

This is for everybody complaining, what is going on here?! Beta is Beta
is Beta. Any release other then Production is by default Beta and all
bets are off. So 7.4 is very much Beta as its not production and most
times still works properly. It ISN"T meant to be perfect, oh by the way,
that is why it is called Beta, not Production. There are no guarantees
with Beta. Some Nightly Releases can even be completely broken when
released.

Nobody is forcing anybody to download and use the Beta! If one wants to
participate then do so, if one doesn't want issues, stay with Production
releases. This is why I have a main music server and a Beta Server. I
always have music on the main server because it is running production
only. And if there is some new feature being worked on in Beta that one
just HAS to have, then deal with the issues of Beta testing because
again, it is Beta and is clearly stated that it is not supported by Tech
Support and is available only as a Beta and not a working Production
version.

More importantly, if one wasn't given access to Beta, then one wouldn't
even know that feature was available and allowed to download and use it
in an effort to debug it. There are so many different systems, routers,
configurations that are possible and the more people that volunteer to
download Beta and use it, the sooner and better the Production Release
will be.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope
2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: SB3, GFR-700HD, Thiel 2.3, Second Boom
Home Office: SB3, NAD C370, two VSM-1
Home Gym: SB3, Parasound Vamp v.3, Thiel PowerPoint 1.2
House Portable: SB3, Audioengine A5
Ford Thunderbird: Duet, Mac Mini
Ford Expedition: SB3, ToughBook