I got home tonight and saw that the startup problem was supposed to be
fixed on Windows, so went ahead and installed 7.4-27990 WHS version. I
can see via remote desktop that the server is running, but the WebUI is
taking eons to load. After waiting ages for the default skin to load, I
hit cancel and then clicked the link to load Classic skin and it finally
loaded after about 20 minutes. It shows that a scan is running, and it
says the player needs a firmware update. Both Booms are stuck on
"Obtaining IP Address..." and my Controller is stuck on "Updating
Squeezebox firmware" with the circle-spinny.

The Windows Home Server Console is also slow as molasses. It has taken
me over half an hour just to get to where I could click the button for
the Squeezebox control panel and it still hasn't loaded the control
panel screen.

In the web interface, I can load the home page in classic or fishbone
skin, but I can't get to the Interface settings to change my skin back,
and the server status page doesn't load either.

What can I try to get things working? I'd like to avoid losing all my
settings if possible. Should I just try to wait it out and see if it
settles down after the scan is finished?

--
MeSue

Sue
http://www.last.fm/user/MeSue