Browse to folders is the way will add art but I think not embedded art
or if a track has embedded art which overrides art in a separate file.

Then you should clear the places where the art is cached so that the
new art file is loaded.  These are the steps I take to clear all artwork
cache.

1. Stop Squeezecenter.
2. Delete the directory Cache/Artwork - (you can find the location of
your Cache directory from the WebUI Squeezecenter Settings/Information)
3. Turn off all Controllers  - this is the only sure way I know to
clear the controller's cache.
4. Clear the Browser data (e.g. in Firefox Tools/ Clear private
Data/Cache)
5. Start SqueezeCenter and wait until running.
6. Start Controllers

This works for many cases but not all.  Then the "complete rescan" is
required.

--
bpa